Thursday, October 22, 2009

Last night as I lead worship at FBC Marble Falls I was struck and struck hard.
While practicing the song You're Beautiful by Phil Wickham it just hit me really hard how Beautiful our God is. Its not that when ive listened to this song before I havent been stirred or when reading words about his beauty I havent been in awe. There was just something different about getting to play that song with a band and proclaim it. The third verse baffles me...
I see you there Hanging on a tree
you bled and then you died and then you rose again for me
Now you are sitting on your heavenly throne
Soon you will be coming home
Youre beautiful....
IF THAT DOESNT FIRE YOU UP YOURE NUTS!!! i hope im not the only who gets excited about reconciliation of all things and that it doesnt stop at Christ dying for me. HEs coming back to reign! In his full splendor we will encounter him...Can you think of the most incredible times youve shared with your Father in heaven? Those intimate times you can hardly put into words? Can you imagine that type of intimacy that never ceases and is most assuredly more intense? If not I pray youll take some time to realize the beauty of our creator. The only beauty that satisfies and never fades...The Great I Am is beautiful....In the beginning there was God...ya chew on that for a minute

1 comment: