Saturday, October 10, 2009

I just Arrived home from the Texas tech vs. Kansas state football game. First off it was ridiculously cold and most were underprepred due to the forecast claiming the temperature would be in the mid 50s rather than the 30s.. That's really all beside the point. My point with this post is that 44000 people showed up to see two mediocre football teams play. Even in the cold most were excited about it. Tomorrow morning millions of people will attend church in a building that is plenty warm Yet few will be as excited as they were about an eternally meaningless game of football(which I might add I do love the game) when will life become more than a show. My heart cries out for something more than a show, something authentic that I can be shaped by and something I can cling to. That something is the love of God and the sacrifice of christ. If you can't become as excited about your creator especially on Sunday when it's easy then it's fair enough to say there is little excitement any other day of the week. God deserves to be praise simply because HE IS THE GREAT I AM..not to mention all of the things he does for us despite our lack of love.. Let us sit back and reflect on that love. Maybe just maybe we can become as excited about our creator as he is about us.. And maybe a football game can be another reminder of how he loves. Romans 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment