Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Stiff Arm

I stiff arm the gospel pretty regularly. It seems like in one of my favorite Shane and Shane songs, I just like the devil have forgotten the refrain "JESUS SAVES" I avoid repentance so regularly. It sucks to admit you are wrong. Especially when its something you have to do multiple times daily. Its almost a subconscious Oh ill pull out of this slump. Ill spend time with you in a little while God. The more this happens I notice I end up doing more and more foolish things, none being overwhelmingly damaging yet none leading me to the grace and knowledge of our Lord. It usually starts small and eventually I begin to avoid or merely mask this problem around the people who inspire my heart most towards him. The very community that wants nothing more than to help connect and encourage me after Gods own heart. I just cleaned up Megs(my roomates dogs) accident in the living room. It made me begin to think of all the times God has helped clean up my mess. I thought about how God just constantly deals with us as messes, failure, and a broken people. As i was driving this morning I heard Zephaniah 3:17 and i believe it fits well.
The Lord your God is with you
He is mighty to save
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with his love
He will rejoice over you with singing.


I could have gotten mad at Meg and maybe it teaches her a lesson but I knew today I had to just love her. How many times has God just reached down and put his hand on my shoulder and said I love YOU. I love you...Tyler I love you.. Dont you get it kid I JUST LOVE YOU. THere is NO BUT. The anger that had begun to stir made me quickly realize I had avoided time with the Lord today. I had put up my guard against his love again. So defensive to the guilt and the shame that Satan wanted to press into me at the time I had avoided the only true solution. to live in the goodness and the joy of the Lord. You see when we attempt things on OUR strength we attempt to supercede Christs sacrifice. Being a super christian isnt something I want to be anymore. I want to be honest and I want to grow with all of YOU. We must let down our guards and allow him to "REJOICE OVER YOU WITH SINGING!" Forgive us Lord but dont stop there. Change us. ONE heartbeat for your name.

1 comment:

  1. great words tyler, and a great reminder....

    ReplyDelete