Thursday, December 10, 2009

Be Sure that noone takes you captive

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that NO ONE TAKES YOU CAPTIVE through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world, rather than on Christ. Colossians 2:6-8
This passage has been something Ive been chewing on for a little while and trying to understand. It seems pretty clear the problem is how often am i taken captive through the teaching and tradition of the world. I have weeks of incredible zeal for the Lord and nothing can keep me from shouting his name followed by weeks of incredible laziness and following of the trends so as to not be an outcast. Im tired of caring what people may say. What will my Father say to me when he welcomes me home? Well done, or away from me I never knew you.. I'm serious when I say i think these words are far truer than we would ever care to admit. If I dont forsake myself for HIS kingdom I will drown in my own. Praying with some buddies today really got me thinking about this concept and how often the world around me quiets me down and gets me to play along in the silly "christian" game. If satan can just keep us quiet he has won. If he can just get us to keep our concern at a base level he has won, but today I stand and say just like Jimmy Needham that Jesus won, Jesus won, JESUS WON AND FILLED THE DIVIDE. It seems quite trivial to me that we bicker and ridicule and do everything but stand for his name. Romans 12:9 says, "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." LEts cling to his goodness and only boast in him. Stop standing up against things and stand up for the ONLY THING that will ever satisfy. Real PEACE LOVE AND JOY

1 comment: