Monday, February 8, 2010

Man Card revoked

Ill admit it. I watched maybe 45 minutes of the Super Bowl, and the majority of that was out of obligation rather than a true desire. I actually love football and spent most of my life even in college playing this game. The truth is, though, that it is merely a game. It is an event of entertainment. I had just returned home from a Dnow weekend excited about what Christ had done in the lives of some high school kids. Did i want to be excited about the Super Bowl? Yes part of me did, but something was missing. It seemed that seeing Christ change lives was far greater than any event of entertainment and I knew that if I devoted my night to watching a game. I knew that forsaking what had just happened was not what I was created for. My life is to become a reflection of the Creators. I know people will read this and possibly say that I am putting on a front of holiness but the truth is I wrestled with the thoughts I fought comfort and not so I could wake up today and tell people about it. The struggle was so Christ would become more real to me in all things. I think the community that can be had at Super Bowl parties is incredible and a good thing. Im certainly not condemning the Super bowl I am just urging myself and my friends to not forsake the miracles God performs daily in our lives. We fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. for what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18 ...I think Ill watch next years super bowl for the community and the funny commercial and for the enjoyment of an incredible game, but I know that today God says fix your eyes on me, and when i perform miracles you have a few options:
1. receive it and be changed.
2. see it, acknowledge it, be excited about it and quickly let it go and return to what it is that satisfies for a moment.
Don't stiff arm the gospel today... Receive it and be changed...

No comments:

Post a Comment