Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From the Inside Out

As i sat down this morning to reflect a little bit before i Began to do anything I was listening to some music. From the inside out by hillsong was on and as i listened these words pierced my heart..."Your will above all else my purpose remains, the art of losing myself in bringing you praise"...Im not even sure that at this moment in time I grasp how deep and wide that statement goes. How often do I sing the songs or hear the words and say thats great, yet in no way make an attempt for that to be a reality in my life. Songs such as I surrender all, or None but Jesus quickly come to mind when I think about this. How often in "bringing him praise" am i completely a part of it, and often only praising for my sake. If worship isnt about me why do i constantly feel the need for it to feel good or to have it go a particular way. If thats the case is it not simply again worship of my desires and fulfilling that? God is worthy to be worshipped in all things because he is God and not bc a catchy song about his glory was written. How often do we set aside our agendas and just praise him? How often are we cognizant enough of who he is to let our lives reflect his glory? Bringing him praise is never about me...Its about him...Lets hit our knees and rediscover the ART of losing ourselves to bring him praise...
Everlasting your light will shine when all else fades. Neverending your glory goes beyond all fame...He must become greater I must become less...John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment